Catholic Charities and the Eagle County Law Enforcement Immigrant Advisory Committee are sponsoring their 6th Annual Fall Coat Drive. Over the last several years, this coat drive has distributed over 3,500 coats to kids and families in need. Coats are being collected through Oct. 31 at the following locations:
- Vail – Vail Police Department, 75 S. Frontage Road
- Eagle-Vail – The Vail Church, 39209 Hwy 6
- Avon – Avon Police Department, 0001 Lake Street; Eagle County Offices,
- Edwards – Eagle County Sheriff’s Office Substation in the Edwards Fieldhouse, 450 Miller Ranch Road and Keller Williams Mountain Properties, 1140 Edwards Village Blvd Ste. 102
- Eagle – Eagle Police Department, 200 Broadway
- Gypsum – Gypsum Recreation Center, 0052 Lundgren Blvd.
- All Eagle County 1st Bank locations
The community is encouraged to donate clean coats in good condition. The group is especially hoping to collect children’s winter jackets and snow pants. People in need of a coat should contact Catholic Charities at 970-384-2060. Collection boxes for the coat drive have been generously donated by Vail Honeywagon.
The Law Enforcement Immigrant Advisory Committee, an initiative founded by Catholic Charities, consists of representatives of the immigrant community who meet on a regular basis with the heads of law enforcement in Eagle County. They provide resources and information through education and outreach to build trust and collaboration with the immigrant community. Participating agencies include the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office, Vail Police Department, Avon Police Department, Eagle Police Department, Catholic Charities, Salvation Army, Bright Future Foundation, YouthPower365, the Eagle County School District and several community members.