Building on the strong momentum of the Eagle River Valley’s multiple efforts across private and public sectors to create a healthy community by delivering incremental housing projects, the YIMBY Jamboree will take place Thursday, Jan. 17 at Donovan Pavilion.
The 2019 YIMBY Jamboree is a follow-up to the 2017 NIMBY Jamboree. This year’s one-day event is also the final day of the U.S. Mountain Community Summit, which begins earlier in the week and focuses on housing solutions in 26 U.S. mountain regions.
“Given our momentum in housing and the continued need for more to help retain community members and support our business community, we are ex-cited to be a part of a deeper dive into solutions-based presentations and panel discussions to address the affordability gap in resort-based mountain towns,” said Chris Romer, CEO of the Vail Valley Partnership and a member of the Eagle County Housing Task Force.
In collaboration with APX1, Vail Resorts, Town of Vail, RCLCO and Vail Valley Partnership, the three-day summit brings private and public sector stakeholders together from 26 mountain communities, including real estate developers, land planners, business leaders, policy makers and impact investors.
The YIMBY Jamboree features a $60 event fee and is open to anyone interested in moving the dialogue here locally from NIMBY (“Not in My Back-yard”) to YIMBY (“Yes in My Backyard”) and help facilitate best-practice community building solutions. For more information and to register for the YIMBY Jamboree or the entire summit, visit the U.S. Mountain Community Summit Invitation link for up-to-date programing.
The Jan. 17 panel discussions include:
- 9-10 a.m.: Speaker Session “State of the Union” workforce housing in mountain communities (Founder Williford LLC, Willa Williford)
- 10: 15-11 a.m.: Panel Discussion: “Big Picture, Small Town” community building solutions with workforce housing developer, community builder, resort representative, public staff, impact investment analyst (Moderated by APX1 Founder, Natalie Spencer)
- 11-11:30 a.m.: Action and Engagement Q&A and Industry Task Force Group Creation
- 11:30-11:45 a.m.: Summary Remarks, A Roadmap Forward (Planning Team)
- 12-1 p.m.: Network lunch, sponsored by Moe’s BBQ and Triumph Development
- 1-1:30 p.m.: Eagle County Workforce Housing Task Force update with organization founders and Vail Valley residents, Bobby Lipnick and Michael Hazard
- 1:30-2:30 p.m.: Vail Valley Deep Dive (Willa Williford, Kim Williams)
- 2:30-3:15 p.m.: Local developer panel moderated by Willa Williford with Steve Spessard, Michael O’Connor, and Gerry Flynn
- 3:30-4:15 p.m.: Roundtable Discussions: How do we get from NIMBY to YIMBY (Eagle County Housing Task Force member led)
- 4:15-5 p.m.: Vail Valley (Six Towns and Eagle County) moderated by Elyse Howard, Moving from NIMBY to YIMBY with Kim Williams, Scot Hunn, George Ruther, Michelle Metteer, Morgan Landers, Jeremy Reitman
- 5-6 p.m.: YIMBY Apres and Closing Event