Town of Vail buses will transition to the spring schedule on Monday, April 24 as the 2016-17 ski and snowboard season comes to a close. Free parking will also be available in the Vail Village and Lionshead parking structures to coincide with reductions in bus service. Due to construction of the I-70 Vail underpass, transit routes servicing West Vail will again be modified until the project is completed.
Vail’s Spring Bus Schedule, April 24 – May 28
- The West Vail Green route will be suspended beginning April 24 to accommodate one-way re-routing of the North and South Frontage Roads during completion of the I-70 underpass construction. West Vail Green stops at Pine Ridge, Vail Commons and Upper Buffehr Creek will be closed.
- The West Vail Red loop will double its frequency to make up for the suspension of the West Vail Green route. Please check schedules online or at the bus stops.
- The East Vail bus will depart from the Transportation Center every two hours from 7:10 a.m. to 11:10 p.m. with additional hourly service between 7:10 and 9:10 a.m. and between 3:10 and 7:10 p.m.
- The Golf Course bus will depart every two hours from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. with additional hourly service between 7:30 and 9:30 a.m. and between 3:30 and 7:30 p.m. An outbound departure will run at 12:30 a.m. on request only.
- The Sandstone bus will depart every two hours from 7:10 a.m. to 9:10 p.m. with additional hourly service between 7:10 and 9:10 a.m. and between 3:10 and 7:10 p.m. An 11:30 p.m. outbound bus will run only on request.
- In-town shuttles will run every 10 to 15 minutes from Lionshead to Golden Peak.
The summer bus schedule, with additional construction-related accommodations, will begin May 29 and run through mid-December.
For a complete bus schedule, call 970-477-3456 or visit vailgov.com. For help with ECO Transit trip planning, call 970-328-3530 or visit eaglecounty.us/transit