Street sweeping operations will be getting underway in Vail this week and will continue through May 31. Crews will be working eight hours each day, five days a week to complete the sweeping which includes curbside cinder pick up. Residents are asked to rake the cinders from their yards into the right-of-way and to call the public works department at 479-2158 when ready for pick up, then allow a few days for completion.
The cinder pick up schedule is as follows:
- Mondays - Vail Village, Lionshead and Sandstone district from Spraddle Creek to Buffehr Creek.
- Tuesdays - West Vail North district from Buffehr Creek to northwest end.
- Wednesdays - West Vail South district from West Forest Road to Intermountain.
- Thursdays - East Vail district from Golf Course to end of East Vail.
- Fridays - Vail Village, Lionshead, Frontage Roads and Roundabouts.
For more information, contact Charlie Turnbull in the Public Works Department at 970-477-3425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, watch for details on additional spring cleaning activities to include the annual Town of Vail community clean up day on May 15. For more information, contact Kristen Bertuglia, the town’s environmental sustainability coordinator, at 970-477-3455.