Vail Parking Pass Holders,
Thanks for your patience as we work to finalize our summer parking program for 2018. In announcing details of the program, we want to emphasize there will be little to no impact on your ability to access the Vail Village and Lionshead parking structures for free this summer. The primary focus of the summer parking program (which includes a corresponding $25 overnight fee) is to reduce the number of vehicles stored for the season as well as long-term park-and-ride use.
Here’s what you’ll need to know:
- Keep your Green, Blue, Silver or Gold pass that was issued to you for the 2017-2018 winter season. You will be able to use this pass for free, unlimited access to the two parking structures with no restrictions. Once the parking structures fill, none of these passes will allow guaranteed access; you will be directed to overflow parking on the South Frontage Road.
- If you own a Pink pass, you will not be able to use this pass to access the parking structures this summer. Instead, you’ll pull a ticket upon entry and insert the ticket to exit for free daytime parking. Overnight charges of $25 per day will only apply to vehicles parked in the structures between 4 a.m. and 5 a.m. (Note: this charge will not apply to overnight shift employees; see below for details).
- If you own a Value card, you will be able to use this pass for free daytime access to the two parking structures. If your vehicle is parked in either structure between the hours of 4 a.m. and 5 a.m., you will be charged a $25 overnight fee on your value card. Pay-on-foot stations will be operable this summer to load value for this purpose. (Note: this charge will not apply to overnight shift employees; see below for details).
- If you will be working an overnight shift in Vail Village or Lionshead this summer and do not currently have possession of a Green, Blue, Silver or Gold pass for the 2017-2018 winter season, ask your employer to contact the Parking Pass Office at 970-479-2104 before April 13 to make arrangements to obtain a parking pass for the summer at no charge.
- For all pass holders, a $25 fee will apply for lost passes during the summer season, which extends May 25 through Sept. 30.
- The town’s policy of a free exit for users who choose safe travel arrangements to get home will be retained. Recipients must enter the garage between 3 p.m. and 2 a.m. and return by 11 a.m. to retrieve their vehicle after obtaining a voucher from the Welcome Center.
- The town will monitor use of all programs and will address abuses accordingly.
Other components of the summer parking program include:
- Free validation system for overnight guests staying in lodges with limited parking. Guests must present the validation to a parking attendant to exit. Validation tickets will be distributed by qualifying lodges.
- $25 overnight fee for vehicles parked in the structures between 4 a.m. and 5 a.m. that are not otherwise exempt from the fee (exemptions are described above).
- $25 overnight fee for RVs/campers in Charter Bus Lot east of the Lionshead parking structure with 3-day maximum; commercial charter buses remain free.
- Continuation of paid, managed parking at Ford Park and the soccer field on peak event days.
- Increased summer bus service provided by Vail Transit on in-town, East Vail, Golf Course and Sandstone routes.
On behalf of the Vail Town Council, our goal is to provide as many options as possible to accommodate the needs of our guests, employees, residents and others this summer so everyone can enjoy all that Vail has to offer.
If you have additional questions about the summer program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mike Rose, Parking and Transit Manager, at 970-479-2349. We’ll plan to provide periodic updates as additional clarifications are needed.
Thank you for taking the time to review this update.