The Vail Fire Department is inviting community members to participate in an online survey to help in the development of a Community Wildfire Protection Plan. Vail’s protection plan will include an assessment of strategies that will be used to prioritize future wildfire mitigation efforts. Residential and commercial property owners as well as other community members are encouraged to participate in the survey. Responses are due by Friday, Oct. 19 with participants eligible to win a $50 amazon gift card.
Components of the Community Wildfire Protection Plan will:
- Assess Vail’s wildfire risk
- Outline future mitigation and preparedness activities
- Establish priorities for future mitigation activities
- Provide recommendations on strategies to reduce structural ignitability
- Discuss ways to improve wildfire response and recovery
Once the public input has been collected, a draft plan will be presented to the State Forester and Vail Town Council for further review, modification and eventual adoption. For more information, contact Paul Cada, wildland program administrator, at email@example.com or 970-477-3475.