Pass-holder access to discount parking in the soccer field lot and the parking structures in Vail Village and Lionshead will soon be restricted for Pink, Green, Blue and Value card holders. These restrictions will last anywhere from three-weeks at the soccer field to one day in the parking structures. Parking pass holders are asked to plan ahead to avoid inconveniences.
Soccer Field Lot Closure | Feb. 14 - March 8
Beginning at 6 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 14, the soccer field parking lot will be closed through Friday, March 8 to accommodate staging for the Burton U.S. Snowboarding Championships to be held Feb. 25 through March 2. Eligible Pink parking pass holders will be directed to the Ford Park lot during this closure as well as free outlying parking in West Vail. Eligible Green pass holders will have access to the Ford Park lot as well as the Red Sandstone parking garage. Carpooling is also encouraged. These closure dates have been revised to meet updated requirements for load-in, load-out and staging of the event.
Parking Structure Restrictions | Feb. 18
Peak season restrictions will be in place for one day only on Monday, Feb. 18 for Presidents Day in the Vail Village and Lionshead parking structures. This will be the last parking restriction of the season for the parking structures. Adjustments include:
- Monday’s holiday restriction means peak rate pricing for all Value Card holders. Also, Blue parking pass holders will be directed to the Lionshead parking structure and Green parking pass holders will use either the Red Sandstone parking garage or the Ford Park lot. On Tuesday, Feb. 19, the Blue Pass will also be good for entry again into the Vail Village structure Monday through Thursdays for the remainder of the season, while the Green Pass will be good for entry again into the Lionshead parking structure Monday through Thursdays. The Green Pass is also accepted for daily use at the Red Sandstone garage.
Free Parking Options
- Free parking will be available at Donovan Pavilion, 1600 S. Frontage Rd. W., throughout the upcoming holiday with the exception of Saturday, Feb. 16. On the remaining days, Friday, Feb. 15, Sunday, Feb. 17 and Monday, Feb. 18, the spaces will be available from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. on a first-come, first-served basis. For parking availability all season long, visit www.vaileventparking.com.
- Free parking along the North Frontage Road across from the West Vail Mall and west of the West Vail roundabout is available daily throughout the season from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. with easy access to the bus stop.
- Free parking is offered in the Village and Lionshead structures for up to 2 hours all season long as well as free 30-minute parking for drop-off and other short-term needs on the top deck of the Village structure and the passenger drop-off in the Lionshead structure with entry and exit from East Lionshead Circle on the west side. Also, enter after 3 p.m. for free parking in both structures until 3 a.m. seven days a week.
- Free parking along the South Frontage Road will be available when the two parking structures are full. Watch the variable message signs for updates. During overflow parking, please use caution as pedestrians are present and monitor your speed.
- Never drink and drive. The town offers a DUI prevention program. Under exceptional circumstances, complimentary parking may be requested for vehicles entering the structure after 3 p.m. and exiting by 11 a.m. the next day. Drivers must visit a staffed booth upon exit. Authorization receipts are available from the Vail Welcome Centers, which open at 8:30 a.m. daily. While this service is available for limited use, please remember to plan ahead and ride the bus, take a taxi or have a designated driver.
- Vail will add additional outlying morning buses and additional outlying evening buses to supplement the scheduled routes during the Presidents Day holiday. ECO regional transit is running its winter schedule as well.
For Vail transit information, call 970-479-2178; for ECO Transit, call 970-328-3520; or for parking information, call 970-479-2104.