It’s week 19 of our random drawing for a free day of parking from among our parking pass holder subscribers. Rena Czerwinski, please stop by the Town of Vail Parking Office and pick up your voucher for a free day of parking this season to be used any time. Other winners this season have included: Susan Sebastian, LaVonne Feigelers, Murali Tholakapalli , Robert Farr, Adryen Goldstein, Tom Gosiorowski, Ron Harris, Ward Mahanke, Alaine Lerner, Rhonda Galer, Joshua Mauro, Gregg Jakoby, Paul Strieleman, Brian Connolly, Jenn Bownan, Derek Oakland, Gary Kleiman and Andie Ohde. Look for announcements throughout the season to see if your name has been drawn.
Tip of the Week
- One entry & exit per card. Failure to do so may cause card not to work properly. Call the parking office at 970-479-2445 with any questions if you feel you may be out of synch.
- Free Spring Back to Vail concert returns to Ford Park on Saturday, April 15 this season to better accommodate attendees. This will require a closure of the Ford Park lot beginning at midnight on Thursday, April 13. It will reopen at 6 a.m. on Monday, April 17. Parking options for all pink parking pass holders will include use of the 125-space lot at the Vail Golf & Nordic Center clubhouse, 1775 Sunburst Drive. The lot will be readily available for displaced pink pass holder parking following the April 1 season closure of the Vail Nordic Center. Parking pass holders are asked to display their hangtag permits for access to the lot. Increased bus service will be offered from the nearby Golf Course Clubhouse bus stop with 15 minute frequency from 6 a.m. to midnight. Additional parking options during the closure include Donovan Park, 1600 S. Frontage Road West, and along the North Frontage Road in West Vail. The Spring Back to Vail concert will feature opening act Magic! and 123GO! presented by Bud Light as the headliner.
- Recommendations from the Vail Parking & Transportation Task Force will be presented to the Vail Town Council at the April 4 evening meeting which begins at 6 p.m. in the Town Council Chambers. Public comment will be taken at the meeting. To forward your observations about the town’s parking programs in advance of the meeting, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional public parking could be coming to Vail as part of the renovations to Red Sandstone Elementary School. During an update to the Vail Town Council on March 21, the Council expressed interest in moving forward with a joint venture with the Eagle County School District.
- New this season! @VailGov is tweeting an alert when free overflow parking is released on the South Frontage Road. Look for the hashtag #vailparking.
- For real-time parking availability, bookmark vailgov.com/parking/counts
- For free parking availability at Donovan Park, bookmark vaileventparking.com
Let us know if you have suggestions for other updates by emailing email@example.com.