What You Need to Know: I-70 Express Lane
- Tolls will be collected starting Saturday, Dec. 19.
- There are two entrances and exits: Enter at Empire Junction or before the Veterans Memorial Twin Tunnels. Express Lane users who want to exit at Idaho Springs may use the signed Express Lane exit for Idaho Springs, prior to Exit 239. Travelers exiting I-70 eastbound to US 6 at Floyd Hill (Exit 244) can enter US 6 without a charge.
- Do not cross the solid white line; enter and exit at designated areas only.
- No free HOV, motorcycles or trailers or trucks over 25 feet.
- Travelers will be charged the toll price posted when they entered the Express Lane. If the price should increase or decrease while they are in the lane, drivers will pay the price posted upon entry.
- The use of the lane will be impacted by weather or incidents. Should an incident occur and traffic is detoured onto or off the Express Lane, no toll will be charged.
- The Express Lane is open weekends and holidays. When not in use, it is a shoulder.
- Get a Pass! ExpressToll saves money each time. The same ExpressToll passes (stickers or switchable transponders) that are used on US 36, E-470, I-25 and Northwest Parkway will work on the I-70 Mountain Express Lane.
For more information, visit expresslanes.codot.gov.