North America's Premier International Resort Community

Parking Discussions & Feedback

Stay connected and join the Town of Vail Parking discussion this season.  Review topics below and please submit your comments.

What are your thoughts on skier parking?

• Number of views: 3353
  • 6 Comments

6 comments on article "What are your thoughts on skier parking?"

Russ

11/23/2016 10:33 AM

For years I have politely suggested that Vail would draw many more day skiers if you offered free day parking and frequent shuttles servicing that parking. I haven't skied at Vail for years, ever since you closed Ford Park to free parking and started charging exorbitant daily parking fees on top of the cost of a lift ticket. Vail would be business smart to open a free outlying parking lot east of Vail along I-70 (not west of Vail since your customers come from the east) and service that lot with frequent bus shuttles (every 10 minutes) mornings and evenings during peak arrivals and departures and during the day every 20 minutes, depending on demand. There are many examples how other Ski Areas offer free outlying parking with frequent shuttle service. Look at Winter Park Vintage Parking, Copper Mountain Alpine & Far East Lots, even Breckenridge has excellent service to its free satellite parking on Airport Road. If the Town and Ski Resort knew how many daily skiers avoid Vail because of your lack of free parking/shuttle you wouldn't be discussing the problem you would be building the lot!

Liz

12/9/2016 8:03 AM

Skier parking is much more difficult this year because construction workers are filling Donovan Park before 8:30.

Construction companies should be required to provide on site parking or shuttle to private parking in order to obtain a permit for a major project. The number of parking spaces should be set according to the size of the project. This would also alleviate the summer parking problems.

Brian Gillette

12/26/2016 8:08 AM

Garage parking is too narrow. No one can manage to get their cars between the lines. Even if you can, there is not enough room to open your door. Spots should be 10 feet wide. You will not lose any spots because the extra room will come from the unusable spots created by people parking over the line.

chris

10/5/2017 5:12 PM

As an employee in Vail, I find it absolutely ridiculous the parking situation. Last year I paid for a pink pass, and still had to spend over 1000 dollars to park in the structures, just for work days! You need to do something for the people who keep your businesses running. Soon nobody will be able to afford to live in the valley. The bus system is great, except that I work 12 hour days 5 days a week in winter and the bus then adds 1 hour at the beginning and end of my day. That leaves 8 hours for sleep and maybe 2 hours of personal time. I do not live here to work my life away.

Barb

11/20/2017 1:05 PM

I have a suggestion for the Village Parking Structure. I wish that the bottom end of the spiral down to the 2nd level of the structure was better lit so that drivers waiting to turn from the north/back side of the structure to the south/front side can better see vehicles coming down the spiral. Vehicles who don't have their headlights on are very difficult to see, especially if one is wearing sunglasses (which most of us do when driving). I recently called and spoke to Mike Rose about this issue. I just wanted to make an official comment here.

Shelly

12/27/2017 3:38 PM

Wow, $26.00 to is the "local's rate" on Saturdays and peak days, hardly call that a local's bargain. As a tax payer in the Eagle Vail area I would like to see a more friendly rate for us long term locals. I would consider the current rate nothing short of extortion. Am I supposed to be grateful for a $4.00 savings?